"Process" because I wouldn’t call it tutorial because I just show what I do, not how I do it hmm…. Yes here we go:
1. A first sketch. I rarely do this one, since I don’t have the patience, but it’s great if you really wanna make sure that everything looks like you want. Work with lines at first, then give them meat.
2. A second sketch. Using another layer, give them faces and clothes and hair and other small details. Note that I change stuff as I go, which I thought looked better.
3. Lineart. Tweak a little more, and we have the lineart. This one is very flat and neat, pretty boring but weh.
4. Colouring. Choose some nice colours for their clothes and skin and hair. That dress is inspired by a very cute one I’ve seen around here btw, note how colours can change a thing completely!
5. Shading. Decide where the light comes from. I like to work with a very big contrast between shades and colour. Also more details in the dress!
6. Finish. Lower the opacity on the lineart layer, fix the shading a little around the lineart and smack on an alternative backgrund for some more colour on the piece.
7. Sit and stare at the picture and think about the things that I could have done better and huff in disappointment and draw something else.
This has been the drawing process of Fia. Thank you come again.